Friday, February 17, 2012

Trip to Austin Texas February 1st-4th

I wasn’t feeling as strong as I hoped to be I left for Austin for several events that were planned for me by my dear friends Sue Langston and Barbara Holloway.

On the 2nd I spoke with a wonderful group of women at a Bible study and had an opportunity to sign books.  That afternoon I spoke at a church with about 30 women.  Again I was honored to sign books.

The next day Barbara took me to Seton hospital where she had retired as a Chaplain.  The meeting was with three associates she has previously worked with.  The meeting to consider having me come as a speaker went great.  I look forward to hearing the feedback from the gentlemen I met with.

On Saturday dear friends of Sue’s, the Bune’s, gave me a beautiful book signing at their home.  Of course Sue helped with her magic of decorating for the event.  That evening the Holloway’s hosted a dinner party with several of the dear friends I knew when I lived in Austin many years ago and again I was able to sign books.

By the time I headed home on Monday I was exhausted but happy at the wonderful feedback I am getting about the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment